Firestarter Publicity was started by publicist, Genevieve Cutts. Her background is in entertainment publicity, her career having started 13 years ago at the renowned Market Theatre.
In 2001 Genevieve created an in-house publicity office for Isidingo
, a daily TV soap, and from there went onto other shows produced by Endemol, including All You Need Is Love
; and PlayTV
, all while managing the company’s corporate communications portfolio.
In 2004 Genevieve took the first step toward being a business owner by forming a strategic partnership with the agency, Glam Slam. During this time she worked on various lifestyle; entertainment; and event-driven projects including M-Net’s drama, Snitch
; KTV Market Day
(2004/2005); the 2004 Dance4Life Concert
; TV Plus
’s 5th and 6th Birthday Parties; and several Kyknet project launches.
In March 2006 Genevieve took the leap and launched Firestarter. Clients range from long-term retainers to short-term projects, and since inception the agency has continued to grow through its diverse range of clients. They range from live events; CSI and education projects; to decor and food brands; to media titles. Firestarter prides itself in its impeccable media contacts and work ethic. While the agency is relatively small, it works within a network of strategic partnerships, pulling from a talented team of event organisers; PR professionals; promotions and marketing companies; copywriters; and other creatives who operate out of Johannesburg and Cape Town. This gives the company the freedom to work on any sized project while maintaining a very hands-on approach with each client.What we do
Development; implementation; and management.
Proactive & reactive.
Media relationship management
From strategic partnerships to media sponsorship – we develop and manage these important relationships.
Publicity tracking and analysis
Essential when gauging the success of your campaign.
Press releases; newsletters; website copy; advertorials; opinion pieces.
Working with Joburg and Cape Town-based events specialists, we create and manage your media event from start to finish.Who we work for
A selection of current and recent clients
- Luna Designs – a Cape Town-based décor and design business that works with reclaimed wood products.
- True Love
– one of South Africa’s biggest glossy women’s magazines.
– top women’s glossy aimed at a 40+ market.
- Psychologies Magazine
– top international health and wellness title.
- Massed Choir Festival
– an annual choral festival.
- ABSA Casual Day – an ABSA-sponsored fund raising initiative for disabled people.
- The ABSA/Sowetan Early Child Development Awards
– a national awards campaign that targets South Africans involved in ECD.
- Educator of the Year Awards
– national awards that recognise maths and science teachers.
- Young Communicators Awards
– national awards that looks for young public speaking geniuses.
- The Community Peace Programme – public and private sector partnership project started by UCT to empower communities to peacefully resolve their disputes.
For more information, contact Genevieve Cutts on 082 652 7908 or firstname.lastname@example.org
, or visit www.firestarter.co.za